Monday, October 02, 2006

Let Me Journal . . .

Where are the older woman to train us younger woman? (Titus 2:4) Someone who's not afraid to get her hands dirty with our young problems and concerns. Someone who walks intimately with the Lord and can be vulnerable, letting us learn from her mistakes. Someone that will show us that it's okay to make mistakes, and be an example of what the Lord's forgiveness and grace can do in one's life.

Why do we have to pretend that we have it all together? Does it say somewhere in the Bible that when Christians gather together we're suppose to pretend that we're perfect? Because I missed that memo.

Where are the girls who want to sit with me and be still in the Lord's presence? (Mark 6:39 says they sat in groups to be fed by the Lord, and John 6:11 says that those who were seated, those who were still, were nourished) Where are the young wives who want to build their home and marriage up, instead of tearing it down? (Prov. 14:1)

Where are the women who aren't afraid to memorize scripture with me, really memorize scripture, not just regurgitate John 3:16 and Romans 12:2 because it's easy? Friends who will be disciplined at what may be hard work, but who will help me hide God's word in my heart, so that I can stop sinning against the Lord (Ps. 119:11) and start building my home, buildng my home on the strong foundation of God's Word.

1 comments:

Anonymous October 02, 2006 7:54 PM  

Amen Sista! I am right there with ya! I have had such a hard time finding true Christian friends much less anyone to disciple me here, I just thought that was a part of South Louisiana, LOL. I am here if ya ever need someone to talk long distnace! Love ya girl, Autumn

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP