Friday, June 29, 2007

Excellent Wife - Chapter 2

What I am learning to believe about God:

  1. He has a planned ministry for me. (Gen. 2:18)

  2. He is gracious, righteous, and compassionate. (Ps. 116:1,2,5)

  3. His strength and understanding are unlimited. (Ps. 147:3,5)

  4. He is purposefully working in my life. (Rom. 8:28-29)

  5. He wants me to be a joyful and fulfilled wife!
She looks for wood and flax, and works with her hands IN DELIGHT . . . She senses that her gain is GOOD; her lamp does not go out at night . . . Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she SMILES AT HER FUTURE . . . Her husband also, and he PRAISES her saying, "Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all.
- Proverbs 31:13, 18, 25, 28, 29

What I am learning to believe about myself and my work:

  1. God has prepared good works for me to do. (Eph. 2:10)
  2. My good works have eternal worth! (2 Cor. 5:10)
  3. I do not have to be afraid!
  4. Thus Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.
    - 1 Peter 3:6

  5. My focus is to be on God, rather than myself. (Heb. 2:1-2)

  6. I do not have to sin.
  7. . . . knowing this, that our old self was cricified with Him, that our body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.
    - Rom. 6:6-7

Questions/Reflections:

Am I doing the good works God intended for me? (Eph. 2:10)
My ministry to my husband is profitable. (1 Tim. 4:8)
Why have I been afraid to do what is right? (1 Pet. 3:6)

  1. Afraid I won't get my own way?

  2. Afraid I'll feel purposeless?

If I take my eyes off Jesus and react in a selfish way,
I will be miserable trying to fulfill my God-intended role.
- "Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace, page 14

And so the Lord is stirring, moving, working. New buds are blooming and healthy fruit is beginning to grow.

1 comments:

Justin July 01, 2007 10:20 PM  

Hey Laura! I am excited for what God has in store for you.
It was in the craziness of our moving from Jeresey back to Texas last year that my faith was increased more than ever, and I pray the same for you.
Where exactly in the Dallas area are y'all going to be?
:0) angela

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP