Saturday, July 14, 2007

Once Upon A Time In Lauraland

I kept a journal for school from 5th to 8th grade. We had a good laugh reading through it last weekend in Texas. I've learned (or remembered) a few things about myself.

I've always loved to read:

Wednesday, September 2, 1992

"Mom and I went to the library yesterday, and did I have fun. I got SO many books. I love to read mysteries!!! I really enjoy going to the library. Iam glad I have a Mom whol will take me to the library."

Us Reeders are natural scavengers:

Tuesday, September 15, 1992

"Last night Jonathan, Matthew and I went to a softball game with Dad. I brought a book, but instead I watched Dad's team win. Matthew and Jonathan found a trash can and had fun searching for treasures. Jonathan wandered around and nearly got lost until Matthew found him in the other team's dugout! Dad took us out to McDonald's to get ice cream after the game! I really enjoy going to Dad's ball gam and getting icee cream afterwards. I have a really nice Dad!

I was girly and prissy and all things sugar and spice:

Monday, September 21, 1992

"Yesterday I went to church with wavy hair. The night before Mom braided my hair into 18 skinny long braids, while I ate a popcicle and watch the Miss America contest. The next morning it was undoubttedly wavy. Dad told Mr. Upton that I stuck my finger in the electrical outlet. That is not true!!! I think my hair looked quite nice!!

I told you writing frustrated me:

Friday, September 25, 1992

"I became very frustrated yesterday while trying to rewrite my paragraph on "Our Two Story Cottage." I cried and cried, becuase I couldn't think of any great sentences! Mom said that the paragraph was just fine if I like it that way. I was glad when she said that, becuase I DON'T like having to think up good sentences!!"

Tuesday, March 16, 1993

Yesterday morning I went to the dentist to get my first filling! The dentist's name is Dr. Browning, and he is very nice! He gave me a shot in my gums and then left to work on someone else, whil half of my lip and tongue became numb. When Dr. Browning drilled, it felt like my mouth was rattling, and it also smelled like something was burning. YUCK! After he finished drilling, Dr. Browning put a filling on my tooth which tasted awful! After my cavity was gone, I had a new tooth colored filling. The hygienist said I could pick a toy out of a big box. I picked two pairs of stick-on earrings. Going to the dentist wasn't so bad, but I hope I don't have another cavity for a LONG LONG time!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP