Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pizza Hands

Danny and I are soaking up all of the things that we enjoy most about South Carolina before we leave. CJ, the youth minister's wife, invited me to come over and hang out with the up-and-coming 11th grade girls, and I am so glad I didn't pass it up.

We had more fun making homemade pizzas - probably because we made a very big mess and laughed alot while playing "Apples to Apples" while we waited for the dough to rise.

Yes, I told you we made pizzas from scratch, but you probably didn't believe me did you?! You thought we bought some pre-made pizza crust and just slapped all our toppings onto it.

Oh, no. We made that dough from scratch.

Here are the girls with clean hands before kneeding the dough. Don't worry - we washed our hands.
How many hands does it take to make a pizza crust?Messy and sticky and gooey, oh my!
Alas, the dough was the only thing in our pizza that we made from scratch. We did not squeeze tomatos for the sauce, age cheese for weeks to make mozarella, kill our own pig for the bacon or sausage, or grow our own peppers, mushrooms or olives.

The homemade pizza did get Danny's stamp of approval though!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP