Friday, January 11, 2008

Touring Manhattan

What do you do in New York after all the presents have been opened and the food has been eaten? Walk around Manhattan, of course!

I jokingly tell Danny that I married him because he took this Texas girl to New York and it completely swept me off my feet. There might be more truth to that statement than we realize.

So, the day after Christmas Danny and I hit the subway with his brother, Chris, and girlfriend, Holly.

I won't bore you with lots of words, because we mainly walked, ate, shopped, took pictures, sat on the subway and stared at the map, so I'll just bore you with lots of pictures.

Traversing the subway on our own - Danny's a natural.
Danny, Chris and Holly on the subway just before a homeless man stepped on and addressed the entire car asking for money. He got at least a couple bucks, which makes me think that it wasn't such a bad idea.

Christmas Decorations: City-StyleSometimes all you can do is look up:

We did some INTENSE window shopping, involving Bergdorf Goodman, Tiffany's, Gucci, and more:
Chris & Holly at the tree in Rockefeller Center, and yes, I should sell this picture to some magazine because they might as well be models.
We couldn't be models for ANYTHING, because Danny dared to wear a Boston Red Sox shirt all over New York City. He is one brave man, and that's why I married him.
American flags, the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, and a silhouette of a skyscraper all in one shot:
Holly's aunt lives in Manhattan, in a very cool apartment, with a doorman. I don't think I've ever been to an apartment with a doorman. This is the view of the street from the roof of her building. And, a trip is never complete without entertainment from Danny. Steam was coming from the potholes in the street, or is it coming from his mouth? Hm, I'll never tell.

3 comments:

Jenna January 10, 2008 11:51 AM  

You got a picture of the building our NY office is in - it's the tall white one on the right of your picture with the lamp post. :) Nice work.

LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!

Jenna January 10, 2008 11:53 AM  

Oh, I forgot. Where did you get that awesome coat you're wearing? I need to get me one just like... So stylish.

**And this is my third attempt to post the comment, apparently I need my eyes checked too.**

Melissa January 14, 2008 3:21 PM  

ahh! i miss new york! i miss yall too! impact weekend is this weekend & nate had me talk about it yesterday in front of everyone at sunday school. =/ come visit! love ya!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP