Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunch with Jenna & Joey

About a month ago, Danny and I enjoyed dinner at Joey & Jenna's. And, because I've refused to give her any of these pictures until I posted about the fabulous meal on my blog, I've actually beaten her to blogging about this event! Woohoo! Of course - she doesn't usually need pictures to blog (unlike me - for being an English major I'm very visually needy) so she probably found this lunch to be too insignificant a life event to write about.

Either way, Joey & Jenna invited us over for dinner, and we enjoyed some good homegrown steaks. Jenna's family, like any good Midwesterners, raise cows to eat them.

Danny and Joey were in charge of grilling.

Look at these faces - Jenna and I didn't know whether to be excited about the delicious food or scared at the thought of both of our husbands playing with fire at the same time.

The meal and fellowship were fabulous. Jenna is a great cook and loves trying new (and hard) things. She made these to-die-for chocolate desserts that have a name I couldn't say and can't remember. But they involved chocolate and whip cream - which is a combination that can't go wrong in my book.
Joey introduced Danny to some of his comic strip books and they had some hearty chuckles reading through them. Here is Danny with Henry, Joey & Jenna's slightly spastic dog. He's learning to avoid me because I don't appreciate his slobber.

And, by the look on Danny's face, he wasn't appreciating Henry too much at that moment either.
The crazy furball.Jenna loves him. They are teaching him to "flop," which means he flips over on his side as fast as possible. It looks like he's a fish out of water because he doesn't just flop once, but usually multiple times in hopes that it will earn him more than one doggy treat.

We are so blessed to have great friends here in Dallas.

1 comments:

Jenna February 22, 2008 8:06 AM  

THANKS! :) (Oh, those desserts were called pôts de créme in case you ever feel like making them. I need to come up with a milk chocolate version.) But we loved having ya'll over...and we're just about as thankful for you two as can be! We are finally feeling settled and friended since we met you. :)

Henry misses you.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP