Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lynn's Texas Trip

Lynn flew into town for a whirlwind visit a few weeks ago.

We couldn't resist going to Angelo's in Fort Worth for barbeque. It's a messy, hole-in-the-wall kind of place, but it's finger-lickin' good. And if you are from out-of-state you must go here and get a taste of Texas (I'm talking to all of our SF friends who think us Texans are crazy!)

Angelo's has all kinds of wildlife on the walls. If you look at them too long you get the feeling that they are staring at you while you eat. I just keep my eyes on my plate so as not to loose my appetite.


Everything's served on styrofoam with plastic utensils. I don't suppose they have a dish washer on staff.


Danny savored every bite of his ribs, I downed a turkey sandwhich (I know - where did I come from - can't even order beef at a bbq place), and Lynn kept her white blouse clean while enjoying a chopped beef sandwich - she has more skills than I do.

Angelo's even has a stuffed bear in the entryway. Does it get any more redneck? Only when you take your picture next to it!


Finally, we celebrated Lynn's birthday and she was thrilled with her pink Crocs!

None of these pictures have been pre-approved by Lynn, so if they disappear from the blog tomorrow you know why! Look fast.

Danny looking very scruffy and me looking very tired. I don't recall feeling sleepy, maybe I should do my make-up differently.

And finally, I couldn't resist throwing this picture in. On the way to Angelo's we saw Lynn's very first car ever. I don't know what it is, otherwise I'd tell you, but here's a picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous March 19, 2008 6:05 PM  

Let it be known that Angelo is my great-uncle. We used to go there all the time and say what we wanted and they'd hand it to us and we would not hand them money in return. It was pretty sweet.

I must say that since Uncle Angelo passed, the food hasn't been the same. I'm glad that you still think it's up to par though. Good ol' Angelo's.

Jenna March 20, 2008 9:28 AM  

I think I need to take Joey to that place, where is it in Ft. Worth? He would be in heaven because of the ribs and then I could drive him nuts looking at all the cool animals on the wall and feel sorry for them and wish they were still out eating people in the wild. (That bear was very intimidating looking, I must say.)

I didn't think you looked very tired at all. (It's fashionable to have underdone eyes right now, as long as you put an entire tube of mascara on the lower lashes. Or so Redbook tells me.)

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP