Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Drooling Dentist

So, Danny and I have finally made it to the dentist. I'm embarrassed to say we haven't been since we got married. Some of you are doing the math right now.

As a result, both of us needed more than one filling. I was aghast when the dentist informed me of the state of my teeth.

Ever since I was 5 years old my Mom took me to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, get a new toothbrush, and to pick a prize from the treasure chest. I thought it was a great set up. Let someone brush my teeth for me and then get a toy for it!

Well, apparently just brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing a few times a week doesn't cut it.

So, Danny picked me up from work and off we went to sit in the dreaded chair.

The hygenist took my blood pressure before she cleaned my teeth - it was a healthy 120/76. A different hygenist took it again before getting my mouth numbed and it was a 123/96! My poor little heart was going to pump right out of my chest at the anticipating of the drilling and grinding and squealing of that horrible little drill.

In a flash it was over and I was waiting for Danny's teeth to be patched to new. I touched my cheeks every once in a while just to make sure they hadn't slid off my face and that I wasn't drooling uncontrollably all over my lap.

Danny came out of the waiting room grinning, or trying to grin, "I could bite my face off right now and not feel a thing." he exclaimed.

We decided that we'd better not eat ANYTHING, even though we hadn't eaten since breakfast and it was almost 4:45 pm, because we were afraid of chewing threw our cheeks or biting our tongues off.

So, we settled for the best thing after going to the dentist and getting your teeth cleaned: McDonald's milkshakes. I was guilt-ridden for all of two seconds about how ridiculous and irresponsible we were and then scarfed down my vanilla ice cream. My anesthesia was already wearing off.

Danny on the other hand wasn't having so much luck. In fact, we had to pull the car over because we were laughing so hard at this:

This is Danny's genuine attempt at sucking on a straw. Poor thing. His lips just wouldn't do at he told them to.

So, clean teeth and a good laugh later, we are enjoying being cavity-free!

2 comments:

Lorie May 16, 2008 8:14 AM  

This was good for a great laugh. We miss you two so much.

Danny May 16, 2008 10:00 AM  

UPS has it's good points and bad points, but I am glad we have really good insurance. On our quest to find a new dentist here in Dallas we first went to an out of network doctor. He wanted to charge us over 1000 dollars to fill our cavities etc.. But at the in network doctor, because of the insurance, we only paid 35 bucks. Not a bad deal. So, the next time i complain about working at UPS I will shut up and remember the reason I am working there....the benefits.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP