Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dallas Date Night #11 - Bowling Bonanza

Sometimes date nights bring out the best in me and sometimes they bring out the worst in me.

Danny had the fabulous idea for a bowling date night. Neither of us had been bowling since college, so it seemed like a fun thing to do.


We found a bowling alley in Garland, put on the shoes and ordered frieds and a Dr. Pepper.


I got the first strike of the evening. So far, so good.

I was even winning for the first half of the first game. I was feelin' fine!

I only lost the first game by a few points. I felt pretty good about bringing my bowling skills out of hibernation.


Then Danny suggested we play a second game. My confidence was growing by the minute, so why not?

Then, all of a sudden, I started wishing there were bumper pads. My bowling ball wouldn't go anywhere near the pins.

And then Danny started critiquing my form. Had I asked for help? (The answer is NO!)

I mean, I know Danny has the coolest bowling form ever, but don't tell me what I'm doing wrong when all is going wrong!

Just when my score couldn't get any worse, Danny started doing a victory dance. It looked something like this:

And I caved. I pouted. I am not a good loser. Blame it on all those years that my Mom told me girls can do anything boys can do - better and faster and more improved.

I was not handling defeat well.

So, in the span of a few hours, over a silly game of bowling I was happy, upset and then had to apologize for my stinky attitude.

Danny ended up winning all the games, but I got to practicing change my bad attitude into a good one and on to have great conversation over dinner.

Probably because one doesn't really compete while eating.

1 comments:

Kacie June 10, 2008 8:21 PM  

Lol! Looks like you guys had a great time.

There's something about bowling alley food that just hits the spot.

I haven't been bowling in ages (I'm terrible) but maybe I should go soon.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP