Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Danny's Haircut

Some days I come home from work and do a double-take at my husband.

He never consults me on his hairstyle, which is fine. My control-freak tendencies rear their head in other things - like cleaning and laundry - not so much in Danny's hair style.

Usually I come home from work and find him with a buzzed head, or a goatee, or whatever else tickled his fancy that day.

So, when I walked in the door at the beginning of the summer to find out that Danny had taken a Gauge 1 to head - it wasn't a shock.

Than, he added the beard. So all the hair on his head and face was one length. Kinda funny, kinda scratchy. For a whole week, I tried to divert his kisses because they felt like sandpaper, but when he still hadn't shaved after a practically kissless week, I gave in, realizing the facial hair was here to stay.

Then he actually voiced that wanted to just have side burns - as in shave the head and shave the face, but leave the side burns. Um, what? I was so glad that I didn't walk in the door after a long work day to find just chops on my husband.

So, in my "oh so sly" wife skills I suggested a bald head and beard. Surely that was adventurous enough to take the place of what I was sure would be a fashion fiasco. So maybe the control-freak tendencies did care about hair. Who knew!?

And, so we waited . . . waited for that beard to fill in.

And then he went to town with the razor.

He even after-shaved it until his shiny white head burned like fire but smelled delicious . . .

And so we had this look:

And the beard kept growing and the mustache disappeared (thank goodness!).

We couldn't decide if he looked Amish, like Abe Lincoln, or just very cool.

But one day he must have gotten tired of the beard, because I came home from work and it was gone. I could see his face again.

But it was fun while it lasted. So, for today, we're back to the buzz cut and the scratchless kisses.

The side-burn only style has been successfully avoided, for today. He may read this blog and remember his idea. When I get home tonight, I may take another double-take at my man, shake my head and just grab the camera.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP