Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michigan Trip - Tour of Homes

Table of Contents for Michigan Trip Series:

  1. Michigan Trip - 1st Morning on the Beach
  2. Michigan Trip - Family Faces
  3. Michigan Trip - Fish Faces

The family braved the rain to trapse all over St. Joseph and Benton Harbor for the Marquardt/Beimfohr family history tour. (Our German names are not for the faint of heart - and not suitable for any future baby names - my Mom tried every combination possibly to work family names into the Reeder children, but there was no tease-less combo. Can you imagine, a little Marquardt Reeder running around?)

This is the house my mom lived in until she was 16 years old. Uncle Rik swears it shrunk. (Mom - you can click on the pictures and they should get bigger.)

Aunt Sally and Uncle Rik laughing at all the pranks and stunks they pulled in this house and from these windows.

The huge backyard.

My great-grandparents' home: Walter & Lydia Marquardt.


Aunt Sally's home where she and Michael lived until he was 13 years old.

Jo's home growing up.

2 comments:

Anonymous August 26, 2008 9:10 AM  

Danny, I thought you forgot about that hat. But are an LCB fo life! How funny that you remembered, I did have to buy Dad a new one, and he doesn't even wear it correctly! I think Ash and I won't be attending the 03 reunion this year as that is when I get back home. but I think I might be going up for the OU game (Nov 8th). I'll holla at you when I get it figured out. Kepp it real old buddy. Enjoy your wife!

Anonymous August 29, 2008 11:23 PM  

I have to say the lady who lives at 635 Napier, has to be one of the nicest, most gracious people ever! Two carloads of people with cameras take over her yard, unannounced, taking pictures and having fun in the rain, and when she finds out who we are, she invites all nine of us in to tour the entire house!
Really a super nice person. We got to see our old rooms the basement, sunroom, everything. It made the day special.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP