Thursday, December 04, 2008

Village Home Group Retreat


Blog readers - meet our Home Group, or some of them at least.

We've been going to Tim & Jaya's home group since last January and have enjoyed building relationships with the couples every Wednesday night, over lunch during the week, on the long ride to church, or just hanging out watching tv.


It was a beautiful weekend to get out of town, and even more beautiful because all I had to do was plan and shop for groceries with Judy (we saved money with coupons!)!


Co-workers were asking me where I was going for the weekend and all I could tell them was "a friend's lake house."

To which they would then ask, "Which lake?"


My response was always, "I don't know." Obviously they didn't appreciate the fact that I wasn't planning the trip as much as I did!

We played Mafia, Phase 10, lots of fun outdoor games like football and bocce ball, and just sat and talked.


I think at one point ALL of the guys had a hand in cooking breakfast. You can see here just how many guys it took to scramble eggs.

Sometimes friends in large doses for numerous hours are just what a weekend needs!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP