Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tulips Say: He Loves Me

We get daily deliveries from FedEx and UPS at work, and, being the all-star administrative assistant that I am, I always answer the door for these guys. We are on a first name basis.

Yesterday, the FedEx man, who likes me because I apologize profusely when I order paper - believe me, I have been informed by my former-package-handling husband just how heavy and annoying boxes filled with paper are, was at my back door grinning from ear to ear as he handed me a ProFlowers box and asked if it was my birthday.

I hurried back to my desk as fast as I could in high heels, and tore open the box to find the most beautiful tulips and sweetest note from Danny. A congratulations and thank you card all roll up in tulips.

I haven't stopped smiling since yesterday. And, some days, just some days, the days that don't involve paper, the FedEx man has one of the best jobs in the world.

Now, in my mind, spring is officially here. I have tulips on my desk, it's suppose to be in the mid-80s today, and I've worn shorts and a t-shirt for my morning run. Now, if we could just get our apartment managers to turn on the A/C so we could stop sweating while sitting on the couch, that would be just peachy.

I'll leave you with some a few spring blooms Danny and I snapped on the DTS campus early this week.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP