Monday, March 22, 2010

Grey & Yellow Nursery Ideas

Okay - I've caved.

I said I wasn't going to decorate a nursery or care about baby bedding and furniture because we don't have a room for a nursery, and we can't really afford tons of brand new baby furniture.

However, I read too many blogs for my own good - friends' blogs, couponing blogs, cooking blogs . . . and yes, design blogs.

And so, I've been sucked in to dreaming about nurseries.  This grey crib started it all. I LOVE IT! Unfortunately the brand new version is hundreds of dollars over our budget at Pottery Barn. However, we LOVE do-it-yourself (DIY) projects - so why would we let a big price tag get in our way of creating our own fun nursery corner. (I say nursery corner, because the two/three pieces of furniture we're getting for Baby Boy are going in our apartment bedroom.)

In Young House Love fashion, I created my own "mood board" with a grey and yellow color palette.

Baby Dream Board

This is the tenative plan:
  1. Crib
    Possibly paint my parents' old crib a light shade of grey & replace any old hardware as necessary (Yes, we've done all the safety research on crib slat width, adjustable sides, old hardware, and safe paint - thank you for your concern - we want our baby to be completely safe too!)
  2. Dresser
    Purchase an old dresser off of Craigslist and paint grey with very dark grey accents and add new hardware.
  3. Bedding
    Purchase/register for yellow/grey/white fitted sheets at BuyBuyBaby.
  4. Glider
    Purchase yellow or grey glider (probably from BuyBuy Baby)
  5. Crib Skirt
    Make a yellow & white striped crib skirt with a dark grey border (no tassles!)
  6. Accessories
    Register for blue & yellow blankets to accent the room.
And there you have it - my little nursery corner, complete with trendy, gender neutral colors so we don't have to repeat if the next Baby Stiller is a girl.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP