Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Baby Stiller - Week 38

Week 38 (2010.06.29) FINAL

Last week was Week 38. I was two centimeters dilated and worked my last week at work before beginning maternity leave on Monday.

This week is Week 39, and while there's not a picture, there's an update. Apparently I am trying out ALL the different kinds of contractions OTHER than the real ones.

This week, in addition to Braxton Hicks and focal contractions, I started experiencing non-labor contractions. They are consistent (around every 7-10 minutes) and mildly painful (like strong menstrual cramps). But since I can talk and walk through them they are considered non-laboring.

Did you know there was such a thing as non-laboring contractions? Yea, me either - I figure if I'm "cramping" then my body should be doing SOMETHING. However, I am three centimeters dilated and 60% effaced, so the doctor estimated a weekend baby. We hope he's right. Danny's dragging me out on long walks every morning and evening. He's beyond ready to meet his son.

And, lest you think I always look so cute and posed, here's an outtake from this week's photo shoot. Flattering I know. I can't remember if Cannon was kicking me, if Danny wouldn't stop taking pictures, or if Danny told me that I couldn't get a chocolate shake for the third night in a row.

Week 38 (2010.06.29) outtake

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP