Friday, October 08, 2010

Soundtrack for My Labor

Rarely do I operate in silence. At work I always had the radio humming in the background. At home I use the tv for company or sing along to Pandora. So, in my preparation for labor and childbirth I knew I wanted/needed music to keep us going through the painful hours.

I had heard stories from friends about their babies being born to these amazing worship songs, and I envisioned this surreal environment where my child would be born on cue as the music swelled. That was a nice thought! :-)

In reality, I barely heard the songs as Danny played my playlists over and over again throughout the nighttime hours. I would catch a phrase and melody here and there in between contractions, but the pressure of labor was louder in my ears than anything coming out of my iPod.

Just for memories sake I wanted to share my labor and delivery playlists. Maybe you'll get some song ideas for your own birth, or maybe you'll just laugh at the songs I choose for my son's birthday.

Keep in mind that I'm not sharing the "Laboring with a Beat" playlist, which include Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Grits, Glee and The Black-eyed Peas. :-)

"Laboring in Rest" playlist (all of my relaxation songs and quiet script)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

"Laboring in Worship"

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP