Thursday, January 20, 2011

Feeding on the Go!

First off, I must apologize for the lack of posts. We're in the throes of moving, I'm up to my neck in boxes and my computer has been completely dismantled. So, for the next few days (gulp, weeks?) blogging is boxed up.

On another note . . . Mamas, can we have a chat? About solid foods?

Cannon started solids about a month ago. We're enjoy rice cereal, oatmeal, and a few fruits and vegetables. He gobbles it up. I have been making most of his food (except for the occasional rice flakes or jarred apples sauce for traveling), and for the most part have loved knowing that he's getting whole foods filled with nutrients. It is more time consuming than I expected and with the move, a mild source of frustration at times.

I also don't feel like we've gotten into a good groove or schedule with eating solids. Cannon still nurses four times a day, and then I try to feed him solids twice a day. Some days I feel like I go from nursing to feeding and back again. So, my question is, what did your schedule look like when you introduced solids? I'd love to pick your brain and hear suggestions for making our day a little more manageable. Or maybe this is just what it's like when you're starting solids.

Also, how do you transport baby food? I'm already tired of worrying about loose Rubbermaid containers rolling around the diaper bag and leaking. Do you have favorite little baby food storage containers that I need to know about? I was thinking about ordering these stackable containers, but it got mixed reviews on Amazon. Again, maybe this is just something I need to adjust and there's no easy way about it, but I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Okay, help a mom out!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP