Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cannon - Week 33 (2/24/11)


I can barely keep up with all of the new things Cannon seems to be doing each day. We started signing with Cannon very early on - mainly as a way to keep me engaged in our one-sided conversations - but I'm beginning to think it's paying off. Cannon started signing "more" this week. I don't think he understands that the sign has meaning, but he's still imitating what we're doing which is really fun!

This was also a sad little week in that Cannon was sick for the first time. He had a fever for over four days. It got up to 104.3 at one point, and we finally ended up going to the doctor. His ear and lungs were clear, so we just waited it out with Tylenol, Motrin, cool wash cloths and lots of cuddles. In our attempts to keep him well hydrated we gave him his first sips of diluted apple juice. He wasn't impressed. We gave him his first tastes of strawberries this week also, and he enjoyed them in his oatmeal.

Finally, as if he hadn't done enough already, Cannon started doing the "plank." It's quite an impressive move for a little guy, and I almost expect him to break out in mini beads of sweat during his work out. I have a feeling that I'm going to be telling you that Cannon started crawling in one of these next weekly updates.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP