Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Letters to Cannon: The Messy One

Sweet Cannon Boy -

You are growing entirely too fast. We got to the solid food stage way before I was ready and here you are already feeding yourself little bits and pieces of food. I know from hearing other moms talk that you won't stop growing up so fast - even if I asked you really nicely to slow it down.

I need to remember our little days. I got these awesome little spoons at a consignment sale a few weeks ago. You know exactly what to do with them when I hand you a spoonful of food. But I shouldn't be surprised. You've never been confused about how eating works.

Well, last week I made up some strawberry oatmeal for you and you were gobbling it up. In between bites of oatmeal, you were eating egg yolk with your fingers. You started to reach for the spoon, so I swapped out my spoon for "training" spoon. You gripped that spoon and promptly shoved it into your eye.

There we sat. Strawberry oatmeal in your eye. I furiously tried to wipe off your eye and then you tried to rub your eyes little egg yolk covered hands. So, I went from cleaning off your face to cleaning off your hands. It was a royal mess.

I ran to the sink to rinse of my egg/oatmeal/strawberry covered rag and before I could get back to the table you took a swipe at my napkin, which was sitting on the kitchen table holding your bowl of strawberry oatmeal. No sooner could I say, "NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!" than that bowl of oatmeal was in your lap and then on the floor. So, we now had oatmeal in the eye, on the lap and on the floor.

It was just one of those messy days.

So, we just moved the mess to the bathtub where you kicked and giggled and splashed enough to drench my shorts. *sigh*

I love you my little boy and all of your messes.

- Mom

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP