Monday, September 05, 2011

It's a . . . It's a . . . It's a . . .


A BOY!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Danny's in shock, both of us are thrilled to have brothers that can grow up together, and Cannon is enjoying eating all of the leftover food from the shindig. 


We thoroughly enjoyed the suspense and loved being surrounded by family and friends to celebrate the news.

 

And now we're off to brainstorm boy names. It took 38 weeks to pick Cannon. My goal this time - choose a name by 37 weeks. Ha!



Clapping for brother while everyone was saying "YEA!"


A ton of thanks goes to Kristin for making the cake and keeping our secret safe for two weeks! We avoided each other like the plague (she was afraid she'd slip up and give it away and I was afraid I'd pepper her with questions). I'm so glad we can now be friends again. :-) 


I didn't get any pictures of the food, but with my Mom's help we had quite the spread.
Here's our Gender Reveal Party Menu:
  • sugar cookies with pink & blue icing
  • pink & blue chocolate covered pretzel sticks
  • pink & blue jello squares (you can find the recipe here)
  • strawberries & blueberries (& other fruit) with pink & blue yogurt for dipping
  • pink & blue m&ms
  • pink & blue jelly beans
  • pink & blue-wrapped mints
  • chex mix (in pink & blue bowls to keep the theme)
  • raspberry limeade (you can find the recipe http://codyandchelseagroves.blogspot.com/2010/03/gender-party-recipes.html - can you tell where I found my inspiration?)

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP