Thursday, October 20, 2011

First Lollipop

Cannon had a rough visit to Dr. McElroy's for his 15-month check-up. 

He started screaming the minute I laid him down on the paper-covered table so the nurse could measure his height. I had to leave the hallway because he was lunging for me while the nurse tried to weigh him on the scale. Cannon whimpered while the doctor used the stethoscope to check Blue Bunny's "heart" and then let loose with his wailing while the doctor actually listened to his chest. I won't bother describing for you how his flu shot went. Let's just say I think every nurse in that office has received Cannon's "evil stare down."

Needless to say, we were both worn out and exhausted after that visit. As Dr. McElroy was leaving the room he asked if I had ever given Cannon a lollipop. Well, no, I hadn't. There was never an instance where I thought it was a good idea to give my son sugar on a stick. I'm not opposed to sugar. I love sugar, but giving Cannon a lollipop had just never come up.

Well, Dr. McElroy quickly informed me that a little lollipop was not going to rot his teeth and that I should give him one because he's had a rough day. 

A doctor-ordered lollipop? OKAY!

And, I stopped and picked up some non-doctor-ordered Chic-fil-a on the way home. A big girl's lollipop.

So, Cannon and I soothed our rough day with fast food and sugar.

I'll let you be the judge of how well Cannon liked that idea:








"Thank you Mom! This is good. I'll take another right now."

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP