Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Little Thumb Sucker


I have tried persistently to encourage the use of the paci with both of my boys. I mean, how great is the paci?! Out in public with a hungry, fussy baby? Just give him the paci and wha-la! Happy baby again.

Well, neither of my boys showed any interest. Cason will suck on the paci if you HOLD IT IN HIS MOUTH FOR HIM! That defeats the entire purpose, so we dropped the idea. 

Well, Cason has discovered his thumb and he LOVES it. I can hear him slurping away in the middle of a nap, in his car seat or while I'm wearing him in the K'Tan. 

I love that he can soothe himself, but if these keeps up I'll need your suggestions on what do when he's four years old and needs to stop sucking his thumb. I can throw away a paci, but a thumb isn't so easy to dispose of!






Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I'm waiting for a tooth to pop thru Cason's gums any day how. Cannon cut his first tooth around 4 1/2 months and Cason has been drooling and gnawing on EVERYTHING. He's been known to try to get BOTH fists into his mouth at once, so you know something's going on in there.


  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP