Monday, June 11, 2012

Morning Memories

6/11/12

Dear Cannon,

This morning was one that I wanted to remember.  After I showered and was dressed for work I walked out to the kitchen to pack my lunch for the day.  This consisted of smoked pork, and as I write this I am realizing I forgot my apple, and some walnuts for afternoon snack.  I walked to the pantry by the kitchen and you came running down the hall out of your room with a big smile.  As you approached I bent down and extended my arms and lifted you up, over my head and then pulled you to my chest for a big hug.  Then you asked for more.  So I put you on the ground, you ran and touched the doorpost of the door of your room and then ran right back to me.  We repeated this about seven times.  I loved seeing the joy on your face, I loved watching you run, I loved hugging you tight.  I am sitting at my desk at work this morning realizing how much I cherish those early morning moments with you this morning.   It is only about 11am today, but that will probably be the highlight of my day.  That is something I don’t want to forget, ever.  I am so glad you are my son.  You are one of a kind.  I love you very much.  I can’t wait to see you when I get home to give you a big hug, wrestle and read some books. 

Love,

Dad

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP