Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Our Family This Month (July 2012)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

**All photos this month are courtesy of Wade Odom.**

Well we survive the triple digit heat of July in Texas . . . and with smiles on our faces. We had a fabulously fun fourth of July. We watched the Plano Parade with our friends, the Odoms, followed by an afternoon at the Frisco pool with our friends, the Vincents. It was definitely a nice family day outdoors.

July also ushered in Cannon's 2nd birthday. I can't fathom that two full years have passed since I met this little man. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was anticipating his birth. We celebrated with a baseball birthday bash at Schell Park. Cannon LOVES all things baseball, so he was thrilled to play with his new tee, bat and glove while his uncles and papa fielded his grounders. The icing on the cookie were the dump trucks and diggers working across the street at the newly remodeled elementary school. Cannon and Jack would take breaks from baseball to watch the construction site and then turn around and play with the new trucks Cannon received for his birthday. We had a fun day celebrating him.


Toddler Summer Camp was in full swing this month with touch and taste weeks. I co-planned "taste" week while my Mom watched Cason. It was much less hectic without "Baby Brother" riding along on my back (love you little buddy) and I treasured my moments of play time with Cannon. I think that was the first time since Cason's birth that I had time with Cannon alone. I think there will be some "Mommy/Son Dates" in our future.

In other toddler news, a local church put on a small petting zoo and Cannon was in heaven. He fed and brushed the goats, held a baby chick, petting a bunny and chased a chicken around the pen. Our play groups are slowing down a bit. It's mostly too hot to play outside and several families are having their second child, so it was a quiet month on the play group front.

Both boys had their well-child check-ups (two year and six month - there are perks to having children 18 months apart!) and everyone looked great! I'm so thankful for healthy children.


In photography word, I partnered with my friend, Jaclyn, to photograph her upscale hand made baby items for her Etsy shop, Precious Little Tot Boutique. While I LOVE photographing families, babies, and children, it was a refreshing break to prop up a diaper clutch and be able to photograph it without running around in circles!

And that was our middle of the year month! So glad I go that published, now that August is almost finished!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP