Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cason's Bedtime Routine

I have wanted photos of our sweet bedtime routine since Cannon was less than a year. Some of my favorite moments of the day are during a song, in the dark as we're unwinding from the pace of life. Most of these photos are self-explanatory and I feel like I could never forget all the steps that it takes to get ready for bed, but I'm sure I will, so here's my narration. 

Cason LOVES peek-a-boo. As in belly laughs when you pull something over his head. Granted, he giggles hysterically when anyone looks at him, but still, it's so fun.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This is Cason biting Danny's stomach. I don't even know, but it obviously brings him great delight. 



Look at that newborn photo of Cannon in the bathroom . . . time has passed so fast and so slow all at the same time.


I pretty much put Cason to bed every night (since he goes down right after nursing) and Danny puts Cannon to bed. 


Cason and I have a specific few things we do before every nap and every bedtime. We butt heads, yes, he presses his forehead/nose into my face just as much as I lean into him.


We giggle at our reflections in the mirror while singing "Beautiful Things" or "Powder Blue."


And down he goes. When he's not teething or sick he usually talks and rolls around until he falls asleep. 



So there it is. Sometimes I feel like I can't get through the bedtime routine fast enough because it means I'm minutes away from sitting down (after picking up toys and doing the dishes of course), but one day when they tuck themselves in for the night I know I'll miss these little nighttime moments.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP