Saturday, December 08, 2012

Cannon at 29 Months

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Stats:
(same) 30+ lbs and 35+ inches

Clothes: 
(same)
He's wearing 2T clothes and 3T pajamas. 
His shoes are mostly Size 7 and 8.

Sleeping: 
(same)
Sleeps 10-11 hours at night with a  2-3 hour at his nap. 

Eating: 
He's a picky eater some days (avoiding vegetables and proteins) and a good eater other days. He definitely has my sweet tooth. 

Cannon does say, "No Daddy! No cut. I eat it like a big boy!" in reference to how he wants to eat his breakfast taco. I've also started giving him water and milk to drink in a cup with no lid and no straw. Cannon calls this "drinking like a big boy." I call it eliminating the dishes.

Talking: 
Cannon is talking in fuller sentences (Are you all done eating Daddy?) and comprehending more every day. 

He heard me cough, asked if I had a cough, asked if I need a "sip of a drink," tells me he'll get my water for me, and then proceeds to bring me my purple water bottle! When did this kid grow up?

Cannon LOVES to ask "What dat?" about EVERYTHING. The only problem is is that half the time I don't know what he's looking at or can't tell where he's pointing because we're driving in the car.

Teeth: 
20 teeth - all two-year molars have arrived. His mouth is full!

Likes: 
Cannon's favorite books this month include "Trucks" by Byron Barton, "Three Little Rigs" by David Gordon, "Tip Tip Dig Dig" by Emma Garcia, and "Trashy Town" by Andrea Zimmerman.

He's developed a love for the slide at the park now. Instead of swinging for long periods of time he'll climb up the stairs and go down the slide, over and over and over again. 

Dislikes: 
This might be more of MY dislike, but Cannon says "NO" to everything lately. Any request or instruction I give to him he responds with a "NO!" It's not usually accompanied by a fit or anger or temper tantrum and a second request will usually elicit obedience, but having to repeat myself multiple times is exhausting. We're working on him responding and obeying the very first time.

Health:
Cannon had a runny nose and a hoarse throat/voice at the end of the month, but it didn't appear to turn into anything. I gave him echinachea and vitamin d drops in his orange juice every morning hoping to ward off any colds/flu/fevers that were creeping in.

Milestones:
Cannon is talking and singing more to himself these days, which is fun because it gives me a window into his little heart/mind/soul. One day while driving around town I heard him repeating to himself over and over again, "He's coming back to make all things new." Almost every night while tucking Cannon into bed, Danny tells him the story of the Gospel in a few sentences or in the form of a song he made up. It always ends with "And one day Jesus will come back to wipe every tear from our eye and to make all things new." Apparently Cannon has been listening.  Lord, help us as we shape his little soul. It's too mighty a task for us to do alone. 

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP