Saturday, August 30, 2014

America's Rest Stops

My boys decided it was way to sunny to smile for a photo. We never stopped long at rest stops, but I really wanted to do a "rest stop" photoshoot. I know that sounds crazy and germ-infested, but really, rest stops are a little like time capsules. You pull over on the side of the road and it's like you've stepped back in time 30 years. I'm pretty sure the picnic tables and coverings are the exact same ones my family stopped at while driving from Texas to Arizona 20 years ago. I think the angular, geometric tables and awnings would make an awesome photo shoot backdrop.

There are also pay phones at rest stops! PAY PHONES! The boys were like, what is this awesome thing? I figured I should document them at a pay phone, because when would we be near a pay phone again?!
Colt is trying to figure out if a crazy beard is in his future because he has obviously inherited his dad's voluminous curly hair.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP