Friday, August 08, 2014

Letters to Colt: The One Where You Are My Little Blue-Eyed Spitfire

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Colt, 
Really. What are we going to do with you? You are my little bundle of energy (and opinions, already, well before a year). You know what you want and what you like and what you need and when you need it and you have a big voice in our little family. 

I partly wonder if God have you tenacity because He knew you'd need it to keep up with your big brothers. You already love playing with and tagging along after your big brothers. Most days I will realize the house is WAY too quiet, only to find all three of you elbow deep in toys, cars or dinosaurs in the back bedroom. When I open the door your brothers don't even glance my way, but you grin at my from ear-to-ear like you have won the lottery. I think you love your brothers and love that you can finally crawl to where they are and sit and play in their midst. 

Colt, my baby but not for long. I love your scrunched up nose and your baby tooth grin and I'm so glad you are the one that wakes me up at 5 am every morning. I would prefer to sleep later, but if I have to have a reason to get up before the alarm, then you're the best one. No one else would get a smile out of me that early, but your snuggles are worth a middle-of-the-night trek to the nursery. 

Love you always!

Mama

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP