Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Waking the Baby Beast

If ever you wanted to see just how starkly different my boys are, be here when they are all waking up in the morning (or from nap time). 

Cannon literally bounds out of bed the minute his eyes open. Seriously, I don't think he's blinked once before his feet hit the floor. He LOVES the morning and is always raring to go. He has five things on his mind and a list of activities he wants to do before I've even thought about breakfast. 

Cason is our slow stirrer. He rustles, burrows in the covers and then just lays in bed waking up. He would sleep later if Cannon didn't wake him with the energy of a thousand suns. He comes into the kitchen every morning blinking away the light, still groggy and half asleep. 

Colt, well, he is just Colt. He wakes up loud and angry at the world. If I don't arrive in his room before he's finished his first wail then the whole house knows I have failed him miserably as a mother. As soon as his brothers and I walk him he's glad to see us, but then does not fail to let me know if I take two seconds too long to lift him out of his crib. Look at the passion just radiating from that little furrowed brow. 

Life with these three is such a wild ride and I have a feeling it's only going to get crazier as more of their little personalities emerge.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP