Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Texas Friends

One of my favorite things about being home in Texas was being within driving distance of old friends. Friends from Texas A&M, friends that were in our wedding, friends from high school, and even friends from middle school. Having been in South Carolina, surrounded by people that don't know us, it's refreshing to be around gals who knew me back in the day.

Back in the day of awkward glasses and braces. Back in the day when I was trying to decide where to go to college. Back in the day of good college memories, TruLife, and dating Danny.

Here are some of the girls that have known me longer than we'd probably care to admit.

Left to Right:
Laura, Miriam, Amy, & Elizabeth at Starbucks enjoying the only drink there is to enjoy . . . coffee.

We spent three hours catching up on each other's lives, reminiscing about high school graduation six years ago, laughing about goofy softball memories, figuring out where all our old friends were and what they were doing and making plans for our 10 year class reunion. (Note: If you're an RHSA 2000 Grad reading this - leave a message - we want to keep in touch.)

Kerri and I hung out so long we had to move locations. Barnes & Noble kicked us out at 11 a.m. and Taco Cabana kicked us out at 12 midnight. It was too cold to stand in the parking lot and talk, otherwise I'm sure we could have lasted late into the night. Kerri was in my wedding party and memories with her date all the way back to Pine Cove in 2001. How amazing to see how the Lord has grown our friendship in the last five years, and how encouraged I am by her every time we talk.
Stacy, well, there's nothing I could say about Stacy that would completely describe how much she makes me laugh and how much I enjoy her company. How did I survive college before I knew her? I definitely wouldn't have made it through bus driving without those days of riding "illegally" on the engine of her bus at the start of each route.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP