Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas with the Reeders

We had a fabulous Christmas with my family in Plano, Texas. The weather was colder than SC, so it felt like Christmas, and we couldn't get enough of the familiar smell of Texas air!


The Reeder/Stiller Family at Prairie Creek Baptist Church for the Christmas Eve Morning Service. Did you know there are people in this church who changed my diapers in the nursery 25 years ago. There are also kids in this church who I use to baby-sit for who are now in college.


Left to Right: Danny, Laura, Matthew, Mom, Dad & Joey


The dining room on Christmas Eve. The table is set for Christmas brunch (depending on how late we can get Matthew to sleep in) and the gifts are wrapped and ready to go.

Did you know that we were worried that Matthew would wake everyone up on Christmas morning at 4 a.m., like he's done every year since his birth? And would you guess who woke us up at 6:45 a.m. ready for us to open our stockings? My mother. My mother woke up all of her children on Christmas morning. She won the earliest riser and most annoying award this December 25th.

Oh my goodness - we got a tent from my parents! Now we're ready to brave the South Carolina hills.
Here it is. It's big enough for two of us, light enough to backpack with and ready to keep us dry in the rain.

Dad is still convinced that the BIG colored lights are still in style. We've tried to tell him otherwise, but he refused to buy white icicle lights - so here's our little gingerbread house. Actually, seeing these lights is like eating a favorite comfort food. We've always decorated the house this way, and I know that it will be the same when I bring my kids here for Christmas years from now.

To see all the pictures we took on Christmas Day, click here.

1 comments:

Anonymous January 02, 2007 12:34 AM  

all I had to do was comb my hair like that and nobody ever guessed I had a mohawk. I don't know why I had to shave it off.
-matthew

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP