Thursday, August 24, 2006

One Year Old Bouquet

What exactly happened to those roses and gerbera daisies that made up my wedding bouquet, you ask? I'll tell you they have been drying and hanging in my mother's house for a year. They've collected dust, dropped petals, shriveled up and lost their scent. They look a little sad, but they still make my heart jump. They represent the most planned for, unnecessarily stressful, hyped-up, wonderful day in our life.

So, until all the petals succomb to the vaccuum cleaner, I will save that little bouquet - if even just to make me smile. One day I may even buy a nice, glass, preservation box, but until then, "Mom, thanks for letting me keep my sentimental memories at your house!"




1 comments:

Anonymous August 28, 2006 10:22 PM  

I think my face is partly responsible for a few of the pedals that fell off. She did hang it in a door way.
-matthew

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP