Friday, September 22, 2006

How Great is my Husband?!


Let me tell you how amazing my husband is. (I KNEW reading marriage books together was eventually going to pay off!)

Danny has MAD husband skills.

He has the amazing ability to chase down a roach and smoosh it to death ten thousand times before wisking it away to flush down the toilet. His outstanding persuaviness is then able to convince me to get back into the same bed that the roach just crawled across.

The other night he killed three "Palmetto bugs" just on our front porch as we were walking into the house. I about fainted, I was so in love. I think that Gary Chapman should add "bug killing" to his list of love languages. I feel very safe and protected knowing my husband can smoosh 'em good. The Lord knew I would need a man who could kill the bugs.

Danny also makes me feel like a queen, a beautiful queen. You see, I am not a nice person in the morning. I roll out of bed with hair amuck, a look that says, "I'll kill you if you talk to me before I get my shower," and breath that could knock over an army tank. And he just envelopes me in his arms, looks in my eyes, and says, "You're so pretty." It gets me every time. Who is he talking to?

Danny has the uncanny ability to have just the right connections, know all the right people, and be creatively ingengious, like you wouldn't believe. Need something? He'll build it. Bored on a Saturday afternoon? Don't worry, Danny will find a mountain to climb, a river to float, a free movie to see, a trail to explore, or park to skate. Need a laugh? He can tell you stories of great hilarity about when he sold insurance. Danny knows how to take life by the horns, and I am right there along for the ride.

Danny is also great at surprising me. He leaves me notes, thinks to buy me flowers, and sometimes even makes the bed!

Recently, Danny surprised me with the Pottery Barn shower curtain I have been wanting since we got married. It matches our duvet cover, and he says I've wanted this curtain longer than I wanted an engagement ring!

I've asked for this shower curtain for every major holiday, and it just hadn't shown up. The shower curtain finally went on sale, and Danny was afraid that he was going to be in trouble if it went off the shelves forever without ONE making it to our bathroom first.

So, he decided it was about time to sweep Laura off her feet with a "thanks for putting up with me . . . I love you so much" surprise!

Here's the evidence.
One day Danny's going to give our boys (because I'm convinced the Lord's going to "bless" me with ten boys and no girls - I don't know why) "How to Love Your Wife" lessons, and he'll show them this picture. He'll explain to them that they may never understand why a girl needs so many things for her house. Why she wants things to match; why she likes candles so much; why she likes real furniture, instead of metal desks and cardboard nightstands.

Our sons will probably think that a plastic tarp would work just as well for a shower curtain. But that doesn't matter. Danny will tell those boys that if they surprise their wives with things like this they will get a really good meal that night.

They probably won't understand, but I'll smile and swoon all over again.

It's great to be loved.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP