Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cove Camp

I spent this last weekend in Asheville, NC at Cove Camp with the high schoolers from Shandon Baptist. The leaves were phenomenal colors and the weather cool, but pleasant.

I had 16 girls, in two cabins, all to myself. Just as we had lights out in one cabin, the girls next store would turn theirs right back on. So, you can imagine me, hopping back and forth like a yo-yo. I did get to sleep in the quieter cabin, which was very fortunate.






Here I am with all 16 of my girls. (There are some extra boys that jumped into this picture, was well as two girls in the back - but for the most part this is me with my girls.)







"Come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." - Mark 6:31









"Be still and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10









And, yes, we rolled down the hills, rock climbed the chimney, raced down the zip line, and shot bb guns.








We had beautiful fellowship. We were honest about the things that we were struggling with, with what the Lord had done in our lives, and with what we still hoped for Him to do in our lives.







When I got home this is what I found from my sweet husband.









And this is what I see every time I look in the rearview mirror. Everyone should be so loved.

Check out all the photographs at: thestillers.shutterfly.com

2 comments:

Anonymous November 01, 2006 8:59 AM  

How Fun! Danny's so sweet.

alisha November 02, 2006 7:15 PM  

yes i would love the help!....i dont have your email..but mine is amlombardi@gmail.com any tips you could pass along would be marvalous!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP