Saturday, November 11, 2006

Organization Baby!

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE to organize things. File cabinets, sock drawers, my kitchen, clipped coupons, to-do lists, anything. If it's messy I will straighten it. If it's out of order I will sort it. Unpacking our books and sorting them into catagories after we moved to Columbia was like putting a drill and a piece of plywood into Danny's hands, like giving my Dad a baseball glove and ball and telling him to go play, like giving Rusty, my parents' Golden Retriever, a piece of steak.

So, when I saw what I am about to show you in the magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, I was in heaven. I knew immediately what I would do. I would make one for my friend's wedding shower. It is exactly what I would have wanted.

Do you know what you can make with the following: a drill, a 5 gallon bucket, a tool belt, and a wooden dowel? Wonderful things, my friend, wonderful things.
First off, you should just be impressed with me that I got out the drill and made holes in the sides of this bucket all by myself. Danny was gone in Arizona and would not be home before I needed to finish this project. So, I changed the drill bit and everything BY MYSELF! I usually try to stay far, far away from tools. They usually mean loud noises and mess (typically saw dust which never sweeps up easily). But, I conquered all inhibitions and made holes in that bucket and stuck that dowel right through those holes. Then, my friend, Kristi, filled the bucket up with all kinds of goodies and our present was complete. Yup, we made a wrapping paper station/organizer/carry-all! How fun is that? There's 56 pockets on that tool belt - enough pockets to hold all the pens, tape, scissors, tissue paper, and stickers you could possibly need to wrap a beautiful gift. There's also a very handy rod to hang your ribbon on to keep it neat, and elastic bands to hold your wrapping paper tubes in place. All that's lacking is a gift that needs wrapping! It's portable, it's organized, it's neat, it fits in the corner of a closet, and it's original. What more could you ask for?
See, don't you want one of these? I think I'll start a business. I think they are so cool. But I get excited when the Sunday paper comes, knowing I'll get to organize my coupons into catagories and then by experation date that afternoon.

And there's always the possibility that if the bride doesn't like her wrapping paper station, her new husband just got a new addition to his workshop!

3 comments:

Anonymous November 11, 2006 9:31 PM  

That is AWESOME! Now I can't wait to get married! Keep me on the list for one!

Anonymous November 12, 2006 7:09 PM  

That is such a neat idea! Way to carry it out. I am very impressed. Now if only my mother-in-law hadn't gotten me a gift wrap organizer that isn't so organizable last year...

Chris & Kristi November 13, 2006 2:05 PM  

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP