Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Valentine's Day 2007 - Part 1

Valentine's Day is the best holiday, especially when you're married to an amazing husband. Who wouldn't love a holiday where you get to eat candy, say "I love you" more, and wear red.

Danny will be bringing you a post on our gifts to each other in "Valentine's Day - Part 2," but let me first tell you about our day.

Danny left me a new pink mug from Starbucks on my chair (at home) when I got up in the morning. His logic was priceless! He told me that he left it for me to find in the morning because:

  1. He wanted me to know that he thought/planned ahead and didn't run out to get it ON Valentine's Day.
  2. He wanted me to get my present in the morning so I could enjoy it and feel loved all day.

How amazing it that!?

Valentine's Night we went got dressed up for our hot date to the Melting Pot. The Melting Pot is a fancy fondue restaurant. You get to dip things in cheese. AH! I went crazy when I found out. Cheese. A whole restaurant devoted to letting you eat cheese. It was heaven. (I am convinced that we are going to be able to enjoy cheese and ice cream in heaven and never gain weight!)

So, of course I took the camera along to dinner. I was going to commemorate the night of cheese!

We ordered the Big Night Out , which is a four-course meal, starting with cheese as the appetizer.

Here's Danny dipping bread in our asiago, provolone, fontina and greyere cheese sauce. We also enjoyed carrots, cauliflower and apples in this dip.

Here I am, moving on to the 2nd course, caesar salad. Can you see how big that bowl of cheese is? Don't worry. We couldn't, and didn't, waste a drop.

Here's the spread before we dove into our main course. We skewered filet mignon, shrimp, strip sirloin, chicken, ravioli and mushrooms to cook in the broth and then dipped them into one of eight different sauces. This was the perfect date night restaurant, for it took time to cook our meal with only four little skewers. So, for over two hours we dipped and talked, dipped and talked, until we couldn't move.

And, just when we thought they were going to have to wheel us out of the restaurant in a wheelbarrow, the server put this delicatable dish in front of us. Dark and white chocolate melted and swirled together.

The dessert platter included strawberries, pineapple, cheesecake, pound cake, oreo-covered marshmellows, graham cracker-covered marshmellows, and brownie bites. Oh, and I thought it couldn't get any better than the cheese.

It was one of the best Valentine's Dinner's ever. We had a wonderful time talking, but who wouldn't while eating such a feast! To enjoy all of the pictures of us, stuffing our faces, simply click here.

1 comments:

Anonymous February 21, 2007 3:49 PM  

Aww, Danny's such a great guy~!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP