Friday, April 27, 2007

Camping In

My brilliantly creative husband strikes again.

Strikes as in "earns 50 million brownie points," not as in "strikes out."

I do not think we have a very high number of males readers on this blog, but if we did I would tell them all to keep a notebook. I would suggest that they entitle this notebook, "Tips I Learned From Danny Stiller About Being a Husband and Loving My Wife." I would then recommend that they start writing furiously, as fast as they can, all the fabulous date nights Danny has planned, all the little things he does to make me smile, and all the ways he shows me that he loves me . . . and loves me ALOT!

We have been very busy lately, and busyness does not pair up well my "quality time" love language. You see I need to spend time with my husband. If I haven't spent time with my husband in a few days, then I turn into grouchy wife.

And grouchy wife is not a nice person.

I cannot believe I am telling you that I turn into a not-nice person, but let's get real. Sometimes I leave the clothes on the floor and the dishes in the sink because the grouchy wife in me is rebelling because she hasn't seen her husband in four days. I know, I am pulling the "Excellent Wife" book off the shelf to reread right now.

My Dad is probably laughing at this point, because when Danny asked permission to date me the first words out of my Dad's mouth were, "Are you sure you know what you're getting into? She's a stubborn one." Ugh . . .

So, what does Danny do with his grouchy wife? He does the dishes and plans a date night. Can you believe that? And then the grouchy wife feels bad because she doesn't deserve so much love.

So, last week despite my unpleasant moodiness, Danny planned the best date night EVER!





We went camping . . . in the living room!










He built a fire . . .










We roasted hot dogs . . .










We ate s'mores . . .








And then we laid in our tent and watched a movie.

I couldn't have been more filled up with quality time and love. So boys, write it down. You can use that tent, those sleeping bags, and all the camping gear, and your wife doesn't have to get dirty or cold. It's a win-win situation. I love my husband.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP