Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Anniversay - Texas A&M Tour (Part 2)

The very first thing that we did upon arriving in College Station for our 2nd anniversary was head to campus.

And then we promptly felt very old. Did you know that they admit babies to Texas A&M now? I promise that those freshman look younger than I felt when I was their age.

We had fun reminiscing together, realizing that we were past that stage in our life and no matter how diffucult "real life" became, we would never go back to the glory college days.

Here I am at Heldenfels, where I had my very first class EVER at Texas A&M. I carefully memorized the route Karley taught me after getting off the Howdy bus in order not to be late to Chemistry 101. However, I think I had to ask three freshman armed with campus maps how to get to my second class. Danny outside one of his corp dorm rooms:

We walked under the Century Tree together for the first time!

Danny "returning with honor" to the Quad, his home for four years as a Cadet:

Danny enjoying the Texas heat on A&M's campus:And finally, here are just some fun pictures we took -

The Academic Building & Sul Ross statue where students leave pennies for good luck on their tests: The view of campus from the Academic Building:

The pillars of the Academic Building:An empty Kyle Field, where we spent many a hot Saturday standing, yelling, and cheering on those Aggies:
Railroad tracks separating main campus from west campus:
The Systems Building, where many an Aggie brides gets her portraits made:
And, last, we'll leave with you with a laugh. Only at Texas A&M will you find a boy from the farm carrying his smoker on the front grill of his truck:
We LOVE this place!

3 comments:

Anonymous September 04, 2007 5:25 PM  

Your pictures make me miss good old aggieland. I haven't been back since Lauren's wedding that is almost 4 years ago. That is very sad. I told Zach I want to go back next summer.

Rachel September 05, 2007 2:11 PM  

I can't believe you were in CS and you didn't email me. Tsk, tsk. I'm glad you had fun! It makes me want to go visit campus sometime and feel really old.

Did I miss something, or did you cut your hair?

Unknown September 07, 2007 1:00 PM  

Rachel - I did cut my hair! With the move there were several things that just didn't get blogged about - and that was one of them.

We didn't really tell anyone we were coming to CS cuz we just needed a weekend away - HOWEVER - my old roommate (Karley - did you know her) and I are planning a CS trip this fall - so I will definitely email you and we'll have to actually get together in person! How crazy would that be!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP