Friday, September 07, 2007

Anniversary - Hot Dates (Part 4)

And now, for another episode of, "The Anniversary Diaries!"

We'll call this chapter "Hot Dates."

We could call "Hot Dates" for several reasons:

1. Because my husband is so, so, soooooo, so fine.
2. Because just walking out the door in Texas can cause you to sweat.
3. Because anything planned by Danny has the potential to make me laugh my face off, hug him really hard because he's so creative, and blow my mind with his ingenuity - THEREBY - making him look all the more hotter than when we started the date!

Caffe Capri
We had to have dinner at Caffe Capri, where we had our rehearsal dinner. It hasn't changed, the food is still great, and we reminisced over all the crazy things that happened that night two years ago.

There is only one picture of Caffe Capri, because minutes before this picture was taken I had just finished balling my eyes out. We had to drive down MLK Street, where all of our little, precious TruLife kids use to live in order to get to this restaurant. And, even though we drove really, really fast - I think everything was just a blur - I was still in tears by the time we got from Hwy 6 to Texas Ave.

Layne's
We also revisited Laynes - where Lauren (a college roommate) and I use to frequent weekly. I think Danny and I had one of our first "ministry team" meetings here back before we knew each other well at all and back when I thought he was just a little crazy and really cool.

The Sunset Spot
And finally, to top the weekend off, we watched the sunset at our old sunset spot. Danny blew all the stops with his great idea to watercolor the sunset. So, we painted, talked, laughed, and painted some more.

And then, when we were all done we entertained our selves with taking pictures. We could really just have a great time hanging out with a camera.


3 comments:

Anonymous September 07, 2007 5:18 PM  

Oh the memories, is your sunset spot at the Pres Library? That is where mine was and where Zach proposed. I love that place, I would love to go back!

Unknown September 07, 2007 7:22 PM  

YES! It is the Library - watching the planes come in. I didn't know you got engaged there! What fun. You should take a trip back and put the pictures on your blog!

Kristin Barnett September 08, 2007 1:01 AM  

I LOVE the last picture! Hilarious. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP