Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dallas Date Night #5 - King & Queens Eating Pizza and Reading Poetry

It's hard to pick a favorite date when my husband is the king of creativity and makes me feel gorgeous when I walk in the door from the gym wearing sweat pants and flip flops.

However, this date turned out to be one of my favorites (so far . . . there are quite a few dates left to be had in 2008).

The evening started off with flowers from my honey . . .

And a gift. Turns out Apple sent one of our friends TWO wireless keyboards and didn't even want the 2nd one back. Whowouldathunkit! So, Danny came home with a free keyboard, wrapped it up in pink paper, and proudly presented it to me. Turns out a keyboard is the ticket to my heart.
We then proceeded to make homemade pizza in our bread machine. I was determined NOT to eat out on this date night and yet still have a fun meal.

We dumped various ratios of all these ingredients into the bread machine.
Hit the "dough" button and walked away.

And, because I was a little camera crazy this night, here's our spiced up dough. We added shredded sharp cheese, garlic salt and Italian seasoning to the crust. Who needs Pizza Hut?
I underestimated the rising capabilities of pizza dough and put it in too small of a bowl.
Danny working his magic on the dough. Did you know I married a pizza thrower? He has many tricks up his sleeves. Sticking out your tongue is the key to FABULOUS pizza crust.
The finished, scrumptious pizza project.
We rented "The King of Queens" dvds for FREE from the library and enjoyed laughing at the IPS (knock-off version of UPS) jokes. I think we relate to the UPS driver and his administrative assistant wife a little more than we'd care to admit!

After our stomachs were full of pizza, we drove to Half Price Books, browsed the shelves and sat in the corner and read poetry to each other. Cheesy, to go with the pizza, I know. This was Danny's idea and I was very skeptical that it was going to be too mushy-gooshy romantic. "People are going to stare at us." I worried. On the contrary though, I ended up enjoying it so much that I wanted to take my turn reading. We had fun reading Robert Frost and debating over the meanings of the lines we had read.

So, free gifts, cheap entertainment, and cheap dinner turned out to be one of the most memorable nights yet!

(Actual Date Day: 1/25/08)

1 comments:

Anonymous February 12, 2008 11:59 AM  

That pizza looks, oh my, sooo good!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP