Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy V-Day Danny!

This year our Valentine's Day was a little skewed by the fact that Danny had to leave for work at 3 a.m., go to class all day, and then go to class again from 6 - 9 p.m. So, I spent the day, and the days leading up to Valentine's Day, sending him little "I love you so much" messages.

Day 1
A message in the mirror he couldn't miss.

Real lipstick was used. I was cleaning out the bathroom cabinets and never wear it anyways!

Day 2
Spin the wheel to see how I love you left in Danny's lunch box for him to find. No, I didn't take this picture, sadly, we lost the thing before a picture could be shot.

Don't worry - I'm not that creative - but I am good at printing and assembly! Thank Martha Stewart for the cute idea.

The Big V-Day!
Instead of going to the gym I left Danny M&M messages all over the house.

On the kitchen table:

On his desks:

On the kitchen counter:

And, on his night stand:

Those little things are alot harder to get to stay in place than you would imagine.

We didn't really budget any more for Valentine's gifts this year, hence the creativity.

Danny's been repeatedly asking me to get him some colored pencils so he can color-coordinate his Bible study (I know - two years ago when I said "I do" I never thought I'd hear the words "color coordinate" come out of my husband's mouth). It's a running joke in our apartment, because every time he asks me (and it's been more than twice) we laugh at the fact that he can't go to the Dollar Store and pick them up himself.

So, finally, his dream came true on Valentine's Day: color pencils on his desk.

And, I found a great deal for some free pictures at Walgreens (Miriam is going KILL me that I got her pictures developed at Walgreens, but oh well) and put a big picture of us on Danny's desk. He's only had wedding pictures to display until now.

Finally, when he got home from his class at 9:00 p.m., after a very long day, I had hot, homemade pretzels waiting for him. He has a weakness for soft pretzels, and I think he about three before his stomach said to stop. He was delighted, so my mission was accomplished.

My Danny loved me so much that he thought to put chocolates and Reese's on my car seat at 3:00 a.m. BEFORE HE LEFT FOR WORK so I'd find them on my way out the door. He also had the sweetest card EVER, and I smiled all the way to work.



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP