Sunday, June 22, 2008

SF Picnic

Our SF Group hasn't met in a while. We had our semester-end retreat, got together for a barbeque, and got together for this picnic and then we were off for the summer. I miss them every Sunday afternoon.

I think this is the only picture we ever got all year of all five couples together:

Left to right: Casey & Rachael, Jenna & Joey, Laura & Josh, Me & Danny, and Becca & Luke.

We played frisbee.


And the guys showed off all their tricks. Let it be said that I took numerous pictures of Danny and this is the most pleasant face he was making in ALL OF THEM!


Jenna played with Henry and tried to convince me that he was cool and not full of doggy slobber.


And, just when I put down the camera to play frisbee the unthinkable happened. There about 5 or 6 of us playing in a circle. The other Laura (also a fellow Aggie) gave the frisbee a good chunk . . . straight into the back of this Corvette.

The only problem - the owner was right there next to his car, watching the whole thing.

Our whole group froze. I was by far the closest, so I jogged over to retreive the frisbee. He was quite disgrunted, so I apologized, examined his car for any dings, and after being satisfied that his pricey automobile had received no damaged I turned around to rejoin the game. Only to see that everyone was running away - LITERALLY.

They all saw the Corvette owner's not-nice-face and turned and high-tailed it, leaving me to fend for myself.

We all had a good laugh about Laura throwing the frisbee and then abandoning the "other Laura (me)" to make amends.

Sneaky Jenna shot this picture without Laura realizing she was posing in front of her frisbee target practice.


We also enjoyed a little walk by the lake, where Jenna attempted to get an up-close-and-personal look at the geese. We were amazed she was pecked and that she didn't sink into the lake through the soggy turf.

We look forward to the Fall, when we'll get to laugh and hang out with the SF gang again.

1 comments:

Luke and Becca: June 22, 2008 8:40 AM  

Awww I miss you guys so much! Thanks for posting the pics...I almost forgot what you all looked like :) Just kidding. Hope you are well! Love and hugs :)

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP