Saturday, July 05, 2008

A Memorable Memorial Day

Several times during my day I stop, smile to myself and think, "We're so urban and it's so fun!"

Several things make me think this:

  • Driving into work and being surrounded by skyscrapers.
  • Going to my parents house and realizing it's quiet, the grass is soft, and the air smells fresh (meaning, our apartment is noisy, the concrete is cracked and bumpy, and the air smells of smoke and probably some drug).
  • And, most recently, utilizing public transportation.

I have been riding the bus to work three times a week to cut down on gas costs. It is quite the experience and I almost get disappointed when Danny calls and says, "I'll pick you up today." But the bus is another post for another day.

Memorial Day weekend, Danny and I were out and about in the city in full force. We borrowed Jenna's bike for me and hit the streets.

We biked around White Rock Lake. We biked to the Garden Cafe for breakfast. And with the help of the DART rail, we biked to my parent's house in Plano.

It was urban life to the fullest.


We enjoyed this spread of my Mom's fabulous cooking and my Dad's bbq. And we only cheated slightly coming home - my Dad gave us a ride to the DART station! But who says you have to be completely urban in the suburbs?

1 comments:

Anonymous July 05, 2008 2:34 PM  

It was great to meet you in real life today!

Also, I share your adoration with public transit. I fell in love with it during my time in Philly. It's a very special thing, riding the bus.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP