Thursday, July 03, 2008

Buffalo Danny Wings

Danny really is a fabulous cook. He's better as seasoning things than me, and he's much better at creating something from the random items in our pantry than I am. If I don't have a recipe then I just stare at the can of beans, the instant potatoes and the jar of salsa in our pantry until Danny says, "let's go out."

However, I'm the one that's more motivated by my stomach to spend time in the kitchen. If I weren't here Danny would be eating Honey Nut Cheerios, macaroni and cheese, and beef jerkey for every meal every day.

I know.

That's what he ate before we got married.

When he does cook though, he cooks big. He researches recipes and analyzes ingredients.

He's attempted homemade pretzels and recently tried his hand at hot wings.


He only cooks things that make our apartment smell like the kitchen at McDonalds. It's just as revolting as it sounds.

I'm not telling how much oil it took to fry up this little guys.

How wings ladies and gentlement. Somewhere in South Carolina Danny discovered is LOVE and INFATUATION with hot wings. We can go to Buffalo Wild Wings one night and Danny will turn around and want to eat there the next night.

Who knew picking chicken off the bone while your mouth burns like fire could be so appealing. I burn so many calories just trying to find the meat that I never quite get full eating chicken wings - it's the most frustrating meal ever!

I bought four packages of wings at the store. The day of the fry-fest Danny decided to invite friends from our home group over. He was confident that his chicken creation would be completely edible and delish.


And despite the fact that I promised to only eat two wings, he went out and bought two more packages of wings.

Do you know how many wings he fried that night? Alot. Too many chickens alot.


The finished product. Danny's special Red, Hot & Blue (Texas Pete with Blue Cheese dressing) recipe.

Our guests did eat them and claimed they were good, but I'm not much of a Texas Pete (too hot) or Blue Cheese (tastes too much like feet) fan.


So guess what Danny had for dinner three nights in a row?

Those two extra packages of wings that he wanted to buy.

1 comments:

Anonymous July 03, 2008 8:57 AM  

I'm with you, Laura - not much a hot wings fan! I'm glad Danny likes to cook, however - gives the little lady a break from time to time.

Check out this website: http://thepioneerwoman.com/. This woman lives in Oklahoma on a ranch and pictures herself as a "pioneer woman" - her blogs are quite funny. In addition to her blog about her life on the ranch and her family, she does a cooking blog with some yummy recipes and a "how to" Photoshop blog that I want to dig into someday when I have the time.

Mom, Jon, Laura, and I are coming to Dallas on 7/18-20 to see baby Allison. Maybe we can get together then, too, if it works out timewise.

Love ya!
Susan

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP