Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Quarterly Review #11 - Houston Revisited

The same weekend we went to Houston for Karley's wedding, we also took some time to recreate our very first date as boyfriend and girlfriend.

It went something like this:

On May 9, 2004, I picked Danny up from the Houston airport. He'd been in Florida visiting Don (the guy who led Danny to the Lord and who married us) and apparently telling him about this girl he really liked.

I thank the Lord for Don all the time. One, because my husband learned alot about being a husband and leader from Don, but also because Don gave Danny $100 to spend on me that trip.

So, Danny stepped off the plane, swept me up into a big hug (you know the ones he's famous for) and said, "I'm taking you out."

We went here:
It was my first time ever to Beni Hanas (which I accidently kept calling Beni Hinn, but was repeatedly informed that the two are very, very different) and I was enthralled by the beating heart:
The choo-choo train:

And the fabulous stir-fry:


In fact, my eyes might have just been as wide as this little guy's, who was almost as entertaining as the chef - it must have been his first time to Beni Hanas too!

After dinner on that first ever date, Danny took me to the waterwall. Yet another first for me. (I should have recognized that this would be an exciting and crazy characteristic of life with Danny - he would introduce me to quite a few firsts).

So, after stuffing ourselves with chicken and steak and fried rice, we headed over to the waterwall for a stroll (both in 2004 and in 2008).

As mentioned in previous blogs, just start taking note of Danny's hair (faicial and on his head).


Here is where it all started. Sitting in this grass, watching families play and kids laugh, Danny asked me if I would be his girlfriend. I think you can guess my answer.





In typically Stiller Quarterly Review fashion, we also sipped coffee and asked each other questions. This quarter they included:

  • What have our challenging/stressful circumstances been this quarter & how can we relieve the stress? (ie: packing lunches, planning menus, doing laundry, etc.)

  • What are our prayer needs this quarter (because if we don't feel like we need God then we won't go to Him)?

  • What is the most humanly impossible thing you'll ask God to do this year?

  • Where are some places we'd like to try to go on future quarterly reviews? (ie: Grand Canyon, West Coast, New Orleans - we dream big folks)
Quarterly Review History:
*1st - 12/16/05 - Raleigh, NC
*2nd - 03/25/06 - Charleston, SC
*3rd - 06/24/06 - Columbia, SC
*4th - 8/27/06 - Boston, MA
*5th - 12/1/06 - Gatlinburg, TN

*6th - 2/09/07 - Charlotte, NC
*7th - 5/26/07 - Myrtle Beach, SC
*8th - 8/27/07 - College Station, TX

*9th - 11/10/07 - Dallas, TX
*10th - 02/15/08 - Grapevine, TX

2 comments:

Birdwells July 01, 2008 5:56 PM  

Sounds like a great time! What a great memory and so many more to come. Have a great day!

Anonymous July 01, 2008 9:40 PM  

Hey! Thanks for the insightful questions. We will use them on our next review. I think we could meet y'all at the Grande Canyon for your 12th review. We KNOW that is humanly impossible, but we are asking God. :) Miss you so very much. DANNY, WHERE IS YOUR HAIR?
Kynn and Lorie

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP