Wednesday, November 12, 2008

End of Summer - SF Style

Sometimes in life we get to choose our friends, and other times our friends are picked out for us. Like when your mom hangs out with her friend who just so happens to have a kid your age . . . and you're stuck playing in the driveway with the kid who picks his nose and eats it.

When we started Spiritual Formations (typically called SF here), I was a little apprehensive. "What if I don't like the people in our group, that are assigned to us? How am I going to bear the next two years being spiritually formed with people I don't like?" Danny was not so concerned.

Halfway through those two years, I can tell you right now: I had nothing to worry about. These friends were picked for us, and I couldn't have picked better myself.


I have laughed and cried and complained through the first year of seminary with these women each week. We've walked through a baby, financial struggles, cooking catastrophes, working woes and plenty of games of Catchphrase to go around.

To start the new school year off with a bang we had a SF bbq and pool party. I didn't get to take so many pictures while we eating, because, well, I was eating. But, once the camera came out, the boys started showing off.



Luke bought a motorcyle over the summer, and every week he gave Danny a ride, or let Danny drive it around the parking lot. They actually took a spin together, and we laughed the entire time.
Danny sported Becca's pink helmet like a champ.

And finally, because there were too many crazy pool stunts to post all in one blog, I did my new favorite thing: created a gif animation of all the belly-flops, flips, frisbee catches and martial arts. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous November 12, 2008 1:24 PM  

Your GIF is amazing!

And...what was the cooking disaster? Did I do that? Since I can't remember what it was, I'm thinking I must have done it.

I'm glad I get to be spiritually formed with you!

Anonymous November 13, 2008 8:33 AM  

You have been blessed by such a wonderful group of friends, Laura! It's pretty neat to watch what God does in our lives to form us in His image.

Oh - happy birthday, Laura!

Love ya!
Susan

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP