Saturday, November 08, 2008

Third Anniversary Surprise

Our 3rd anniversary has come and gone, but this one was definitely worth blogging about (I don't know that we've had an unbloggable anniversary yet though!).

Our big trip, celebration, quarterly review destination was St. Jospeh, Michigan. You have seen the pictures - it was a fabulous trip. So, I expected our actual anniversary day to be a quiet dinner out and quality conversation over coffee.

And yet Danny was about to blow my expectations out of the water.

On our anniversary evening, we scarfed down all the meat we could eat at Texas de Brazil, followed by a walk on Katy Trail in very poor attempts to work off our bloated tummies, only to head over to TruLucks for the best chocolate cake and French press coffee in Texas. I was one happy wife.

I knew he had a surprise, but I thought he had bought me a book or a new top from Anne Taylor Loft. So, when Danny told me to close my eyes and not to peak, I didn't know quite what to do other than obey. He started driving and after two turns I got turned around. So, when he said, "Open," and I saw the "Corinthian Bed and Breakfast," I had no idea that I was a few blocks from our apartment and that Danny had reservations in the Presidential Suite for our anniversary.

He had packed me an overnight bag earlier in the day and had it all set up in our room.

Champagne and a cheese plate were waiting for us, and after all the eating we'd done that night, we dove right in. We're not ones to let things go to waste!

I relaxed in the huge jacuzzi tub and then we rolled around in the crisp, clean sheets of the KING-SIZE BED!
It was a delightful surprise and an anniversary that will be hard to be outdone. We had great conversation, and Danny, as usual, asked great questions about our marriage, but in the overwhelming surprise of the evening I failed to write them down.

The next morning we enjoyed more amazing food and Danny found yet one more reason to LOVE the Corinthian B&B: the owner drives a Vespa.

This was our 2nd floor, oval Presidential Suite from the backyard.


Quarterly Review History:
*1st - 12/16/05 - Raleigh, NC
*2nd - 03/25/06 - Charleston, SC
*3rd - 06/24/06 - Columbia, SC
*4th - 8/27/06 - Boston, MA
*5th - 12/1/06 - Gatlinburg, TN

*6th - 2/09/07 - Charlotte, NC
*7th - 5/26/07 - Myrtle Beach, SC
*8th - 8/27/07 - College Station, TX

*9th - 11/10/07 - Dallas, TX
*10th - 02/15/08 - Grapevine, TX
*11th - 05/17/08 - Houston, TX

1 comments:

Birdwells November 09, 2008 1:05 PM  

That sounds amazing!1 What a fun way to celebrate marriage! Good job Danny!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP