Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Won't you be my neighbor

If I could, on this post, I'd show you some ADORABLE pictures of us as kids with the neighborhood kids. But somewhere along the road of developing technology, everyone in my family got ipods and hdtvs and got rid of their scanners. So, no old pictures for you blog readers.

I can, however, show you some pictures of the neighborhood kids from Christmas day. We hang out with the neighbors on Christmas day because, well, my parents have lived in the same house for 30 years and know their neighbors well, and because my brother was borrowing their tree.

First, there's Rachael. She and I use to be penpals. Yes, we'd walk across the street and put letters in each others mailboxes. She's getting married this next summer and it's going to be beautiful!

Then there's Caitlin. She's on her way to becoming a world-renown photographer. But don't worry, if that career fails, she'll always have a job hanging on street signs - she showed us her unbelievable trick of supporting herself horizontal OFF of the speed limit sign. And, finally there's Zach. I remember BEFORE he was around. I'm old. Enough said.
So, those kids grew up playing with these kids:

The youngest Reeder: Jonathan.

The tortured middle Reeder: Matthew

NO - make a normal face. Oops, apparently not possible.

All of us together being goofy. The moms wanted us to recreate the pyramid we made a children. And when we balked, they told us to put all the Wilson kids on the backs of the Reeder kids - which is yet another picture I could have showed you had anyone let me use a scanner! But, yet again, we put our feet down and said "No."

Although, if you look closely at the right side of this picture you'll notice - Matthew couldn't quite get with the program. I love his "What are you guys doing? We were suppose to go on '3'" expression.

Instead, we opted for creating a new Reeder/Wilson (and now Stiller too) neighborhood picture. Can you believe that one time I use to baby-sit everyone in this picture EXCEPT Danny (oh, and Mandy)?!Matthew even got with the count, and we realized that Jonathan had just been jumping straight up and down every time. (Check him out in the white shirt in all the pictures).Can we take a picture like normal people now? The girls. Look at those colors - we know how to dress for photo shoots!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP