Friday, March 27, 2009

The Office of Desks

Our office use to look like this.

Then we decided to build a bike rack in our bedroom (romantic, I know - and yes, pictures are coming). So, we moved my computer desk out of the bedroom (yet again, glowing screen savers are oh, so romantic) and into the office with Danny's desk.

So, we had a total of three desks in the office - three desks that didn't match. One was handmade by Danny himself, one was free from the Voice of Hope days, and one was my good, old trusty desk from college.

Needless to say, it was a muddled mess of desks.

Enter: IKEA! My favorite place to buy all things cheap and functional!

I found this and this and this and a few other office ideas, and started compiling my DREAM workspace.

For several weeks I scoured the internet, decorating blogs and organizational websites to find just the right office set-up for Danny's studying and my play.

After brainstorming, drawing floor plans, and making two trips to Ikea just to scope out supplies, we were ready to transform our second room.

In one weekend, we cleared out the old desks and Danny assembled the new ones.

And now you can see, our office is pretty much one, big DESK. The workspace is AWESOME.
I have room to sort coupons, work on photographs, and do Bible study.
And Danny has room to do what he does best: spread out.
Do you see this line in between our desks? This is the crack of doom. Every day I'm very tempted to scoot Danny's books, pencils, trinkets, or whatever has crept over on to "my side" back onto his desk.

I looked online to find a video clip of the scene from "The Office" where Jim keeps pushing his stuff onto Dwight's adjoining desk and Dwight frustratingly shoves it right back - because this might just be us to a "T," but alas, such a clip was not to be found.

Disclaimer: My desk is NOT always that clean, especially on a crazy coupon Sunday!

I wanted to give you a picture of the view from my desk and, in good Danny-fashion, my husband gave you several poses to show you what a DTS student looks like hard at work.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP