Friday, November 30, 2007

Clean as a Whistle - Bigger Version

There are only two things that can get me motivated to clean up a mess this bad:

My husband saying, "Can we please do something about this room," and the fact that I signed up for an "organizational challenge" and can't back out now.

And so that craziness now looks like this:

I know you're impressed. I'M IMPRESSED. In two years of marriage all of this office "stuff" has been through four moves/apartments and has only grown into a bigger monster. So, this is the first time we have had a truly functional office.

The fact that Danny called me three times today - once to tell me how much he liked the clean office, once to tell me how much he LOVED being able to walk in a straight line across the room, and ONCE to tell me he was cleaning the bathrooms in honor of our new clean office - tells me this is going to be a beautiful change for our marriage.

Did you read that? Let me tell you again, just in case you were skimming. My husband stopped studying to clean the bathrooms in the middle of the day because he loved the organized office. I about came home right them to organize the rest of the house!

My husband can actually study at his desk now.

You'll see these questions in the post below too, because I've entered our newly cleaned room into a little organization competition.

1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it?
Getting everything out of the room in order to sort, purge, and organized.

2. Tell us what kind of changes/habits you have put into place in order for your area/room to maintain its new order?
Nothing is stored in this room except for books on the book shelves and Danny's study stuff on his desk. Everything else has a spot in the closet.

3. What did you do with the “stuff” you were able to purge out of your newly organized space?
Threw it away or created a storage spot for it in the closet.

4. Now that you have completed the challenge, do you think having and keeping your space organized will make a difference in your life?
It already has!

6. Why do you think you should win the challenge?
I have already won - my husband hasn't stopped awing over it - AND HE CLEANED THE BATHROOMS!

9 comments:

Dawn November 30, 2007 8:36 PM  

It looks great. It's going to be so nice for your husband to be able to study in such a nice, organized space. It will help him concentrate and think better. I think it's great that he is so appreciative of your work. Good job.

LadySnow November 30, 2007 9:30 PM  

Great job on the room!

Mom November 30, 2007 11:14 PM  

WOO HOO way to go Hubby… do you rent him out….lol! Your room looks great!

tiffany December 01, 2007 1:37 AM  

wow! I dont think my hubby has ever cleaned a bathroom! You really did already win. ;) Seriously though, it looks great!

Lindsey December 01, 2007 3:13 AM  

Wow, great job! Now you can actually walk through the room, LOL! I totally know how that feels!

Gretchen December 01, 2007 1:34 PM  

Great work! It looks WONDERFUL!! :)

My Husband has been just the same with our newly organized room, except he didn't go clean the bathrooms for me! ;P

CONGRATULATIONS!

Jennifer B December 03, 2007 9:19 AM  

Again, your hubby is awesome. :)
Mine loved the room and took care of his small pile, but he did not feel inspired by it at all. He is more of a tornado by nature, lol.

Your room looks great, love the bookshelves.

Jenna December 03, 2007 1:03 PM  

Congratulations, friend! I'm proud of you. :)

Amy Bennett December 03, 2007 5:07 PM  

Looks fantastic..so organized.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP